Wednesday, November 01, 2006

portrait of a girl with red tulip


portrait of a girl with red tulip, originally uploaded by bbmarie.

An amazing portrait. It reminds me of a book I had when I was little of these colonial American portraits painted by traveling portrait painters. It was a book I really liked, I enjoyed going through it and taking a long time to look at all the pictures and the things that were put in the background.

This artist has a lot more work that I am enjoying looking at, in diferent styles. He has a great art blog, very thoughtful and captivating images.

Click here to see Rick Beerhorst's blog.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have been strongly influenced by the portrait artists who traveled from village to village in the early history of America. They come from a European tradition but are distinctly American. I do best when I am painting my own children. Thank you so much for your kind words and the special distinction of being included into your web site.