Thursday, December 13, 2007

Forest Products


DSCN8618-, originally uploaded by thekateblack.

As an artist I've noticed that the things that get the most attention are often the last to sell. Sometimes it's obvious why when they are the most oddball flashy things but sometimes they are the most "normal" and the most sellable. That was true when I did craft fairs and now that I've been pretty much exclusively online it's still true. I'll put something up on flickr and etsy and a million people look at it and exclaim about it, and then it just sits in the store while things I didn't think would sell fly off the digital shelves.

I was reminded of this when I saw a post on the Etsy LiveJournal group about a really cool notebook that garnered the most attention but was the only one that didn't sell. I love it! It's made from a damaged children's book from the 1960s and all the little leaves have written on them various products that are made out of trees.

Forest Products Journal on Etsy

No comments: